Monday, March 5, 2012

Weeks 30 & 31

Even while I am trying to rest as much as possible before little man makes his grand appearance, we have been so productive in the last few weeks. It makes me so happy! I am definitely nesting because when we're not getting a project done, I'm on Pinterest to find new projects or updating our to-do list (James is starting to hate that list!).

Here's a few projects we've completed recently...

If you remember my tie onesies from last year, I took it one step farther and added a vest. This was a Pinterest find and the original post looked so cute, I had to give it a try! We had a ton of leftover t-shirt fabric so I just used some of that. Cute and cheeeeeap!


I also made some baby legs out of socks that we got on clearance. Seriously, this couldn't be any easier. I think pairing it with the vest onesie would look adorable! Please ignore how dirty my couch looks :)


Another Pinterest find are some baby sandals. I had faux leather on hand from when my dad recovered my headboard when we moved, so this was essentially free. I thought they turned out cute but definitely not perfect :) He won't mind!


Yet another Pinterest inspired project was to hang a peg board over our changing table area (we're attaching a contour changing pad to the dresser) so we could hang some baskets for diapers and whatnot. We're also hanging some of our decorations including those pictures and vintage baseball knick knacks. I am in love with it. I think I'll also add little man's initials.


I also recovered the chair cushions in some sale fabric from Hobby Lobby. Love that place! Here is the chair with a blanket on the back. Does it look perfect? No, but that's just fine with me! I also made them removable so I can wash them if need be. You can also see our new rug!


I saw this on Pinterest as well, but it didn't come with a tutorial but it was seriously so easy to wing it! I just used some scrap fabric and elastic. Easy peasy.


One final Pinterest find (can you tell how I spend my time?) was another great way to use scrap fabrics. I used some leftovers from previous projects, the baby's room, and t-shirts. I made 2 of each below, one for me and one for a friend. They were fun and easy to make! James really liked them and thought they looked funky and cool.


On the less crafty note, everything seems to be progressing great! He's measuring 2 weeks ahead but James was a big baby so we expected that. In 2 weeks, I only gained a pound but little man moved ahead 4 weeks in measurement. Big growth spurt! Our first shower is next weekend so we're trying to get as organized as possible before then. So much fun! Here's my 7 month shot from a week or so ago.



And here is one of my favorite shots from our maternity session a few weeks ago. Seriously, Deisy did such a good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment