Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baby Tie Onesie

On to other baby shower gift ideas... I made bows for my friends' little girls for Easter, but I still needed something for the little boys. None of the boys were really old enough to care what I got them (the oldest was under 2), so I decided to make them little tie shirts/onesies. I followed the tutorial at Crap I've Made and I thought they turned out super cute!

I can't decide which pattern is my favorite! The argyle is so preppy and cute but paisley is the classic tie pattern! Ah, geez, I think I love them equally :) I bought a fourth of a yard of each fabric at Hob Lob (at 30% off!) and it was plenty to make 6 ties, 3 of each pattern and I could make many more with that as well. The argyle was tougher since I tried to line up the pattern just right. I also bought a pack of onesies for the littlest ones in a 3-9 month size (random sizing, right?) and 1 12 month onesie and 1 little 2T t-shirt at Wal-Mart so they were very inexpensive and so fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment