Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weeks 26 & 27

I officially hit the six month mark in week 26. I can't believe it! Only 3 more months (at max!) before we meet our sweet boy! Things are starting to fall into place in his room and it makes it all the more real.

James' parents brought down his furniture since it was delivered to a store closer to them and they got it all set up in his room. He definitely has nicer furniture than we do but we're not complaining at all. Thanks to both sets of grandparents for the awesome Christmas gift (crib and dresser). Baby boy and us love it!

Please ignore the fabric on the chair. My grandma gave us this chair a long time ago and we've been waiting to replace the cushion (or recover it) until we knew what color we wanted to go with. We're thinking cream or a light tan but it's still up in the air. The two pillows on the chair were craft projects I made on the fly today. I made them with a pocket back so we can easily slip them off and wash them if anything... ummm... gross were to happen to them :)

We're putting a peg board over the dresser to hang some baskets and other decorations from. Here's a look at some of the decor for the room that's waiting for it's rightful place.

We're also hanging his name over the crib and a few other vintage baseball pictures that my Dad saved for us (Mickey Mantle, Joe Dimaggio, etc.). I made two collages out of some of James' baseball cards and put them in 5x7 frames that are up on the shelves and we've bought a few other baseball items.

I think I'm in the nesting mode. I spent most of this afternoon doing sewing projects. I made my boot cut maternity jeans into skinny jeans using this tutorial. I think they turned out really well and I'm glad I can easily fit them into my boots now! I also made the pillows and fancied up a plain onesie with the little man's name (so that won't be on the blog for awhile!). I also feel like I constantly want to clean everything around me. We just bought an air purifier so I'm hoping that cuts down on my urge to dust every day.

Anyways, here's my 6 month pregnancy shot. Getting bigger and bigger everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment