Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Crafting Part 1

Well, I should have been at Lifegroup right now but work ran super duper late today. Yay for budget season :/ Anyways, I shall blog before James gets home and while the dog is sleeping... I absolutely love to craft around Christmas and I've already been able to accomplish a few things this year.

I wanted to make something to hang on our door and I liked the idea of something I could easily change to accommodate the seasons. I had seen the idea on a blog a long time ago (pre-Pinterest so I didn't save it!) to make different flowers that you can pin to a wreath. I wanted a big "S" for our last name (it cost a whopping $1.99) and I covered it in twine that I already had on hand. I also added a few circles of t-shirt fabric I had left over after cutting out squares for a t-shirt quilt (started on that 2 months ago - really need to finish!). The fabric was for attaching the flowers easily.


For the Christmas season, I wanted a bright red flower so I used this tutorial (I just googled DIY Felt Flower).

I hung a Command hook upside down on the inside of my door to anchor the ribbon.

And this is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment