Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Centerpiece


I know that it's already August, but I just finished my summer centerpiece for our coffee table. It's been 85% done since the beginning of the summer, but I knew it had been missing something. When we were at Hobby Lobby the other day, I picked up some fake orchids (at least I'm pretty sure they're orchids) to finish it.

When we were in Hawaii, we bought a bowl made of Koa wood that we wanted to put out so I filled it with some blue beads. I also had some little glass jars from Goodwill that I filled with the same beads. My parents had seen us eyeing some Koa wood chopsticks that we ended up deciding against buying because we couldn't justify the cost to ourselves and surprised us on the last day by taking us to a wood store to find some because they wanted to buy them for us (which was extremely generous since they paid for almost the whole trip - they are true blessings and not just because they buy me stuff) and we LOVE them. We wanted to display them as well, so we put them in the jars with the beads. It looked a little empty so we added the orchids and I love how they turned out! It's nothing special but it was fun to piece the ideas together. Also pictured are our "S" coasters for my new last name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment