Sunday, June 26, 2011

Toddler Gift

Another couple in our lifegroup have a little guy who turned one in May. He is the cutest little boy ever! I couldn't make it to his party but made him a little gift that I hope he can use in the future. I've seen a ton of the little crayon rollups so I just winged it and sewed it up pretty quickly. I just took the length of the crayons I bought (Crayola Triangular Crayons) and cut two layers of the outside fabric about an inch and a half taller. I also planned on making pretty wide slots for them since they're big crayons so I made them about 17 inches wide (an inch extra for the seams). For the pocket fabric, I just made it twice as wide as what I wanted it to look like finished, and pressed it in half. I then took 1 of the outside layers and the pocket fabric and sewed the little slots (as straight as I possibly could). Then I just sewed everything together (right sides in, including very thin batting) leaving a small gap to turn things right sides out. After pushing all the corners out with a skewer, I did a 1/2 inch top stitch to finish things up and also stitched a small ribbon on to tie the roll up.
My friend said her little boy is still trying to eat the crayons but he'll hopefully grow into the gift!


Linking up to Frugal Friday, Free for All, and Show and Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment