Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

So I realize that the last few months have been summer "break," but we have been crazy busy. Between graduating, moving into our first house, starting a new job, and getting a puppy, we have also been to 5 weddings (2 more to go!) and been to the lake 5 times. We have only been in our new house a total of 2 weekends so far. I feel like I need a nap just writing about it. Honestly, it has been crazy this summer but oh so much fun! I will be in two weddings of my friends (who were my bridesmaids) and I couldn't be more honored. These girls mean so much to me! As we have all began to graduate and move away, we have been joking that these weddings have "weaned" us off each other. Even though we don't live in the same place (the maid of honor of all three of us lives in Wisconsin now!) we have seen each other so much this summer! I wouldn't trade that for anything! It's been a blast. One of the weddings was last weekend and it was one of the most spiritual weddings I have ever been to. I was teary the whole time up on stage. I feel horrible because I took ZERO pictures which is totally unlike me! I was running around so much, I completely forgot about my camera in my purse. Whenever I see some posted on Facebook, I am totally stealing them! The next wedding I am in is in two weeks and I need to be a bit more diligent about my camera duties! Anyways... here are a few pictures of my summer so far!

It's amazing what a nice little coat of paint can do for a room. Our living room was a deep red color that really made our whole room look dark all the time. We only have one window in the room and a small lamp and ceiling light so it needed a bit of an update.

Here's the room before we moved in.... Here it is after my dear Prince Charming painted it and we finally got things put up on the walls!
Doesn't it look much more light and airy now? And don't you just love our clock??? We got it at a store in our college town that was sadly going out of business.

And just for good measure... Here's a little picture of our newest addition to the family, Penny Lane :)


Is our little pound puppy not the cutest little gal ever? Since Prince Charming has been home all summer getting the house fixed up (more details on that later!), he has been training her. So far she knows sit, lie down, shake, and stay (sorta) and my mom actually taught her a little variation on shake while she was with the grandparents this weekend so now she gives high fives! It's adorable! Yeah, we're smitten with her! It makes me terribly sad to think about her out on the streets and we couldn't be happier about our choice to adopt a dog. She's great!

That's all for now! I will try to post more often with our little projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment